In January and March we successfully delivered the CAPM suite of courses (Project Management in the Real World, Project Risk Management, Advanced Project Management and CAPM Prep Day) to the IT Directorate at University College Cork who are looking to provide their staff with a professional project management accreditation.
All courses were very well received, with the suite rating overall 4.72 out of 5 (5 being excellent) and attendees commenting on the benefit of developing a transferable skillset, not just learning by rote to pass a test. See sample comments and ratings from each course below.
Project Management in the Real World was rated as 4.77 out of 5 (5 being excellent) out of 5 with comments including:
- “Excellent introduction to PM with examples from the real world making it particularly relevant. I really enjoyed it.”
- “Found the exercises most useful as it meant we could put into practice the different aspects of project management we learned. Found real world examples a huge help for putting things into context.”
- “Very happy with the course. I am looking forward to implementing what I have learned in my day to day project work. Wish I had learned this years ago.”
- “Extremely useful to hear real working situations. Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate/engage with the group. Would recommend both course and instructor.”
Project Risk Management was rated as 4.65 out of 5 and feedback included:
- “[The instructor] has changed my perspective on Risk Management. I have worked on numerous projects in private + public sector and [the instructor’s] advice and training would have helped enormously. Can’t wait to put it into practice.”
- “[The instructor] made the content of the course interesting and relevant. Lots of practical work which really helped me understand.”
Advanced Project Management was rated as 4.68 out of 5 including the following comments:
- “Excellent course. Great ideas and would make you think differently about how you would approach PM work both socially & using methodologies. [The instructor] is an excellent lecturer.”
- “Found course very interesting. Hoping to apply what I’ve learned now to projects I’m managing.”
CAPM Preparation Daywas rated as 4.76 out of 5 including the following comments:
- “[The trainer kept] the group engaged throughout. Found the sample exams very useful. Thank you.”
- “Enjoyable course. Made light work of heavy topics.”
- “Crib sheets and formulae all brilliant exam aids”
Fingers crossed for all those sitting the CAPM professional examination – remeber to let us know how you get on!