The University of Strathclyde’s Centre for Doctoral Training in Future Power Networks & Smart Grids, in partnership with Imperial College London, runs our CAPM suite of courses annually. A series of 4 workshops provide the knowledge and eligibility to sit the Project Management Institute (PMI) examination.
The CDT uses our CAPM courses not only as a way to differentiate themselves by obtaining the internationally-recognised “Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)” professional qualification; but also by providing transferable skills and tools/techniques that can be used in their day-to-day research in academia and industry.
This year, the last two courses in the series – Advanced Project Management and CAPM Preparation Day – received an excellent overall rating of 4.80 our of 5 (5 being Excellent) from the CDT group.
Selected comments from across the sessions:
- “Highly beneficial and critical before undertaking CAPM exam.”
- “Scope of the training course [was] perfectly met. Feel well prepared to go on and (i) successfully attempt the exam, (ii) retain/use knowledge in future as appropriate. Great notes/handouts.”
- “[I will] Continue to apply PM knowledge to PhD project, with more insight into new areas covered. Specific forms of communication and managing quality.”
- “Instructor presents very well and makes the course more enjoyable.”
- “[I will apply] Many of the tools & techniques.”
- “Useful & engaging.”
Good luck with the exam everyone – and remember to let us know how you get on!