We work together with our customers to define what they actually need – rather than developing something that may or may not directly address their requirements.
Fistral provides management consultancy internationally to organisations across all sectors: from SMEs to blue-chip companies, local government to global public sector organisations, academic organisations to industry partners. The Fistral team focus on identifying the root cause of a problem and then work with the customer to develop the best method of addressing it, with a solution that works and importantly, will stick.
Areas of expertise include, but are not limited to: Improving Projects; Designing Training; and Motivating People. Engagements are often complimented with training, seminars, masterclasses, workshops, 1:1 or group sessions, mentoring and remote (e.g. Skype) support to ensure meaningful and sustainable change.
Project Management is at the heart of what we do, so it is no surprise that Fistral has extensive expertise supporting traditional project management phases such as:
- Project Initiation
- Planning for New or Existing Projects
as well as specialising in:
- Project Audits
- Monitoring & Project Control
- Project Recovery – including troubleshooting
- Independent Risk Review
- Project Review & Evaluation
- Lessons Learned Capture
Using almost 30 years’ industry experience and circa 20 years in the academic sector, Fistral has a wealth of expertise in:
- Designing Courses & Programmes
- Designing Training & Lecturing
- Course Evaluation
- Aligning Courses to Professional Certification (PMI, ILM, CMI, Chartered status etc)
to provide cohesive and effective approaches to designing, developing and implementing:
- Integrated Training Courses & Staff Development Programmes
In addition to our coaching and mentoring support, customers working with new or existing teams often opt for bespoke consultancy or group workshops on softer skills such as:
- Improved Team Work
- Improving Customer Service
- Change Management
which can be underpinned by:
- Certified DiSC® Professional User Expertise and/or
- Individual, Team, or Leadership Behavioural Profiling as appropriate
We are often asked to apply our 10+yrs experience in the Space Sector to partner on live project outputs for missions such as ATHENA and JUICE. E.g. in:
- Early Stage Planning
- Facilitated Phase 0-Phase B Risk Assessment Workshops
- Mission-Specific Bespoke Training Development
as well as specialising in:
- Agile Product Development during development & operations phases
- Project Schedule & Control
- Effective Team Working & Leadership in challenging situations or with difficult behaviours
The consultancy examples below show how we use extensive industry and academic experience to help and support: kick-starting new projects; improving existing projects; monitoring, reviewing and/or auditing projects; engaging and motivating staff; supporting change in organisations; conducting training needs analysis; evaluating programmes and courses; and designing, developing and delivering new training and programmes using a cohesive and effective approach to implementation of integrated into staff and researcher development programmes.
- Providing guidance on best-practice application of project/programme management techniques for a large European-funded network of 450+ members working together across 25+ countries
- Team development workshops for departments undergoing change and restructure in HEIs
- Leadership workshops linked to gender equality for women in technology.
- Personal effectiveness workshops for BME researchers
- Workshops and mentoring sessions for staff managing strategic projects in Universities
- Masterclasses, mentoring and bespoke workshops for Universities and UK Catapult organisations
- Advising on a standardised approach to planning and implementing projects to align with Strategic Planning deliverables
- Independent evaluation of a European-funded project supporting partners in 21 European countries
- Developing a Project and Programme Capability Development Model for the Portfolio Management Office of one the biggest public sector organisations in Scotland
- Developing and delivering a Leadership and Management Programme for ECRs and MCAs working at one of the top 200 young Universities in the world.
- Bespoke seminars – in Risk Management, Offshore-Wind and Renewables Energy
- Dovetailing internal and external training approaches to ensure a consistent, integrated, approach to training and staff development programmes
- Project audits for blue-chip companies in Europe
- Advice on customisation of templates for Project Management and Risk Management based on best-practice
- Development of a plan for creating a Competency Development Framework and Portfolio Maturity Model
- Organising and sponsoring the National CanSat Competition 2012
- Bespoke Risk workshops for European teams working on satellite missions
- Development of Project Management role descriptions, skills and competencies
For Customer Comments see Testimonials
Staff from the Leverhulme Centre for Forensic Science at the University of Dundee attended a bespoke Fistral training webinar ‘Collaborating...
A mix of research staff and students at the University of Stirling logged on to parts one, two and three...
Postgraduate researchers at Strathclyde University Doctoral College logged on to Fistral’s ‘Leadership and Teambuilding Techniques’ webinar training. In this course,...
First and Second-year Postgraduate students at the University of Strathclyde Doctoral College logged in to Fistral’s Introduction to Project Planning...
A mixture of research staff and students at the University of Bath logged on to our CAPM Preparation Day training....
A group of postgraduate researchers from the University of Manchester CDT in Integrated Catalysis, logged on to Fistral’s ‘Advanced Project...
Postgraduate Researchers from the University of Strathclyde Researcher Development Programme attended Fistral’s Risk Management training series. Strathclyde’s Researcher Development Programme...
Postgraduate Researchers at the University of Manchester CDT in Integrated Catalysis logged in to Fistral’s Risk Management training. iCAT students...
A group of Postgraduate Researchers attended our Leadership and Team Building Techniques webinar. The group are from the EPSRC Centre...
A cohort of Postgraduate Researchers at the University of Manchester Materials for Demanding Environments (M4DE) CDT undertook our three-part Project...
Attendees from the University of Manchester Advanced BioMedical Materials CDT attended Fistral’s 'Introduction to Project Planning' and 'Risk Management' Webinars....
Staff at LSE Space GmbH logged on to Fistral’s Advanced Team Leadership online training course. As an independent space consultancy,...
Postgraduate Researchers from the University of Strathclyde logged on to the third part of our Introduction to Project Planning training,...
We hosted a group of Postgraduate researchers from the University of Bristol ACCIS/COSEM on a webinar entitled ‘Get Unstuck: Procrastination Busting Techniques’....
We hosted Post-Doctoral Researchers from Teagasc on our ‘Understanding and Working with Your Time Management Style’ webinar. This course helps...
Fistral’s ‘Professional Communication Skills’ online training was attended by PhD students at the University of Strathclyde, who rated the course...
We hosted a group from University of Bath Doctoral College and Researcher Development on our ‘Introduction to Project Planning’ webinar....
Post-Doctoral Researchers from Teagasc, the Agriculture and Food Development Authority based in Ireland, completed Fistral’s ‘Introduction to Project Planning’ webinar...
Fistral’s ‘Leadership and Team Building Techniques’ webinar was recently delivered to a group of PGRs at the University of Strathclyde,...
PhD students from two Centre’s for Doctoral Training (CDT) at the University of Bristol, attended all four sessions to complete...
PhD students at the University of Liverpool Doctoral College completed the third and final part of Fistral’s ‘Introduction to Project...
Researchers and PGRs from the University of Bath Doctoral college rounded off their CAPM training online recently, which they’d started...