We welcomed PhD students at the University of Ulster to part one of our four-part Introduction to Project Planning webinar training series.
The students gave the first session an overall score of 4.79 out of 5 (5 being Excellent) and 100% said they:
- Would recommend this session to a colleague.
- Will be able to apply in current work/research/study.
We asked what they’d tell a colleague who asks about this session:
- “Very useful. Project Management jargon easily broke down and defined, very relevant examples applicable to a PhD.”
- “Very useful tool on how to consider starting your project and need to get to grips with the project triangle.”
- “Good information and very useful tools to organise thinking around doing a PhD.”
- “Good session for getting a project started and having a way of prioritising work.”
- “It’s great to get your head around all the components of project planning.”
- “I would recommend it.”
- “Very useful and engaging. It can make a difference for your research.”
- “An interesting and helpful session for project planning.”
- “Really helped to visualise workload and manage expectations both of myself and stakeholders.”
- “It provides a lot of information in terms of being able to plan and organize yourself and your project both for academic work and in general life.”
Other comments included:
- “Helped put project in perspective. Good to see other 1st year students also lost right now with all the reading.”
- “Very interesting so far!”
- “A great session.”