Recent masterclasses delivered for senior staff in charge of university strategic projects were well received, rating 4.58 out of 5 (5 being excellent).
Masterclasses support the roll-out of a cohesive programme of project management training for all staff who are leading Strategic and Operational Plan projects. This initiative supports a consistent and quality assured approach., and is inline with targets set in the University 2012-2013 Operational Plan.
In complement to the Masterclasses, follow-up 1:1 or group mentoring sessions are offered with a Project Management professional (normally the Masterclass leader). This allows participants the opportunity to focus on their individual projects with expert support, and to apply the techniqueslearned during the Masterclasses. These can be iterative to further embed the learning experience.
Comments from participants included:
- “Good overview of Project Mgt techniques over a short period. Half-day sessions very work friendly.”
- “Excellent course. Covered the important aspects of PM in a concise yet v. informative manner. [The trainer] was a very professional and friendly tutor and I definitely felt I had a better understanding of key aspects of PM after the course.”
- “I enjoyed the interactive format of the course and the encouragement of student participation and challenge by the instructor.”
- “Pace of learning was very good and [the trainer’s] ability to manage the unexpected was excellent.”
- “Excellent course delivered with skill. All examples made the material very accessible. Dealt with questions and challenges appropriately and with good humour.”
- “Very valuable course for someone who has done project management on an ad hoc basis for many years. Makes me want to delve deeper!”