Fistral ran an online training session Get Unstuck: Procrastination Busting for PhD students from the NINE DTP hosted by the University of Ulster: The Northern Ireland and North East Doctoral Training Partnership.
The group from seven Universities across Northern Ireland and the North East of England gave the training an overall feedback rating of 4.75 out of 5 (5 being Excellent) and 100% said they:
- Would recommend this session to a colleague.
- Will be able to apply this learning in current work/research/study.
We asked what they’d tell a colleague who asks about this session:
- “Helps you identify why you are procrastinating and provided methods of how to help with this.”
- “Really easy to listen to and follow the session with some useful techniques and tips to boost your confidence and motivation!”
- “It was a good reminder of the techniques I’ve encountered before but am not using well.”
- “Provides some good techniques that will help.”
- “Really engaging session, full of practical and useful advice. Really applicable to PhD life!”
- “Powerful and validating. I appreciated the strong message that drivers behind procrastination are valid and normal which takes the guilt out of it. Frees you up to reflect and develop habits to deal with what is a normal response to doing a PhD.”
Other comments included:
- “Thank you for a great session, it was extremely helpful!”
- “Very relaxed enjoyable session.”
- “I felt like the session contained everything I needed to hear. I have been feeling really stagnant lately and hadn’t thought about my procrastination as habitual behaviour.”
- “The session made me realise that I make myself busy with other things and I’ve got quite good at doing that, rather than doing what I need to!”
- “Really supportive from [The Trainer] which together created a very containing learning space. Thank you so much!”
- “This has been brilliant.”