A group of PhD students from the University of Manchester Advanced Biomedical Materials CDT joined us onsite for a training course entitled Project Management in the Real World. This course provides a high-level overview of key PM techniques and concepts. It offers an introduction to the process of managing projects and the tools to assist in planning and tracking progress. It’s intended to be immediately applicable to planning and managing academic and research projects as well as commercial projects.
The students gave the training an overall feedback rating of 4.86 out of 5 (5 being Excellent). Furthermore, they agreed 100% that they:
- Would recommend this session to a colleague.
- Feel more confident in using the tools & techniques learned.
We asked what they’d tell a colleague who enquires about the course:
- “It was more helpful than I thought it would be! Usually, sessions like this are kind of boring but I enjoyed it a lot.”
- “Really useful training that is directly applicable to a PhD project.”
- “Thorough and entertaining training session performed by a very knowledgeable trainer.”
- “Very engaging, a great structure to learn and practice the techniques needed for success.”
- “Great case study helps understand the whole process.”
- “Very interactive event which covers project management as a whole and gives practice at applying the technique in a real-world situation.”
Other comments from the attendees included:
- “Thank you very much to [Trainer name] for making the two days of training fun-filled with jokes and laughter.“
- “Really good and well-presented, would 100% recommend.”
- “Very well balanced, particularly the maths and theory behind things.”