The Future Power Networks and Smart Grids CDT based in the University of Strathclyde and in partnership with Imperial College London, recently ran the first two courses in our CAPM professional PM certification programme, ‘Introduction to Project Management’ and ‘Intermediate Project Management’.
The Intro course was given a massive 4.93 rating overall (out of 5, 5 being Excellent); and the Intermediate session was rated even higher – 4.97 out of 5. Almost full marks for both courses!
We’re delighted the sessions resonated with the researchers and that they could see the applicability and usefulness of the tools and techniques for both their research and engagement with industry.
CDT group participants said they would tell colleagues/other CDTs:
- “That [it] is a very good idea to do a PhD plan.”
- “Do a PhD plan.”
- “That [the tools/techniques in this session were] very useful for planning their PhD & other projects.”
Other comments included:
- “Very useful insight into properly planning any research project.”
- “Amazing session.”
- “Very well delivered, engaging & useful (and at times, funny!).”
- “Most of it [is applicable], but in particular time management for PhD.”
- “Worthwhile as relatable, intuitive tools that can be applied and interesting.”
- “Very well delivered. V. keen to undertake CAPM.”