PGR’s from University of South Australia logged on to parts 1-4 of Fistral’s Project Management Essentials for Researchers training. The group rated the session 4.83 out of 5 (5 being Excellent) and feedback included:
- 100% Would recommend this session to a colleague.
- 100% Feel more confident in using the tools & techniques learned.
We asked what they’d tell a colleague who asks about this session:
- “Attending this workshop prior to commencing a Project or PhD will immensely help to be strategic in planning and executing research.”
- “Finally, I have done a course that helped me piece together my disparate knowledge of project management (and even research projects). I gained not only an understanding, but a guided way and key tips to create and conduct research projects, from preconception, see where things go wrong and ways to fix them.”
- “The workshops offer many aspects and angles to consider when developing and managing projects. The activities were also well devised.”
- “It is worth attending if they have not done much training in the use of formal project management methodologies previously.”
- “The number/length of breaks provided was good. Use of videos and taking time to provide clear, though basic, examples make it easier to sit through sessions.”
- “I would strongly recommend this course to any of my colleagues who are involved in driving a project, especially if they don’t have any prior experience to project management.”
- “Accessible to people coming from a research background, lots of practical, applicable tools without needing to spend weeks learning about all the theory behind them.”
- “Very good foundational information, useful for applying more structured and complete tools to existing processes.”
- “Great content, engaging delivery, tailored to research, high applicability, builds confidence to take on a significant project.”
- “As a beginner project manager this training this will give you all the tools.”
- “Valuable information – good to gain a general understanding of project management.”
Other comments included:
- “Great presentation easy to listen to, [the trainer] reflects their passion for the topic.
- “The workshops were a precious opportunity to set some time aside and understand what elements to consider when developing a project, which is so useful for early career researchers.”
- “Activities were engaging and useful, much better than having lots of break-out group sessions.”
- “[The trainer] is clear and engaging, so a great instructor. [Trainer] – please don’t get upset if we don’t laugh at every dad joke, we still really appreciate your humour and effort. [The facilitator] was also great at providing resources and spelling out techniques’ names.”
- “The course content was fantastic and [the trainer] was very engaging and open to answering questions to help us apply this more specifically to our work.”